You know this is the very first year I have not one item for our Thanksgiving feast?
Usually I have some of the Thanksgiving essentials weeks before but this year is different.
I’m too busy. I’m too tired. And I’m too “unscheduled” (is that even a word? lol) as of yet. I haven’t found the right balance of working, blogging and motherhood but I’m hopeful. I know I will soon find it.
But right now it’s time for me to get down and dirty and figure out what our Thanksgiving meal will look like.
So I’m here writing a grocery list and looking thru my old blog posts (which I linked for your viewing pleasure) for some inspiration.
At first, we were thinking of making a pernil (pork shoulder) in addition to the star of the feast, turkey, but I think that may be too much protein (and too much damn work!). So this year we’ll be having an American Thanksgiving meal with a Latin twist thrown in.
What about you? What are you having? Are you staying in and cooking for hours or are you one of the lucky ones who are visiting relatives and bringing one dish?
Here’s some of our “deliciousness”:
2. Flan Cheesecake (this one is a maybe)
3. Garlic Gravy
4. Turkey (this year we’ll season it like a pernil, lol)
5. Mashed Rutabaga
6. Mashed Potatoes
7. Potato salad (yes, we love our potatoes!)
8. Garlicky green beans (with possibly slithered almonds and dried cranberries)
10. Arroz con gandules (rice & pigeon peas)
11. And whatever dessert my sister is bringing.
Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and may God bless you all!