I was first introduced to the HP Touchsmart Web All-in-One printer when I was invited to see a few showcased at a blog event in conjunction with viewing A Christmas Carol movie in 3D last November.
It was love at first sight.
Every since I was a pc owner (since 98′), I’ve been an HP printer customer. For some reason, HP printers do not disappoint in any way. Before receiving the HP Touchsmart printer for review several months ago (this review is WAY overdue!), we were proud owners of the old but functional Photosmart P1000. It wasn’t the best in speed but it fit us just right.
With the new HP Touchsmart Web All-in-One (Print, copy, scan, fax, Web) printer, our life has never been the same. This printer is a life saver in so many ways. The absolute best feature that I love is that it’s wireless. With a touch of a button from my iPod Touch, I can print any photo I have stored in my iPod. And now the HP app has a brand new feature. If I receive any document or file, guess what? I can print that “wirelessly” too!
HP Touchsmart Web All-in-One printer is truly the greatest printer ever!
HP Photosmart Premium with TouchSmart Web is the world’s first Web connected home printer. Powered by touch and empowered by the Web, this sleek device provides quick, simple touchscreen access to important, useful and personal online content.(1) With the largest LCD touchscreen of any all-in-one inkjet printer (4.33-inches), the HP TouchSmart Web control panel conveniently connects users to the Web(1) via pre-loaded HP apps. Part of an entirely new Web-based printing platform, these apps enable easy printing of maps, coupons, movie tickets, recipes and more from partners including Google, DreamWorks Animation, Fandango and Coupons.com, among others.
Users can also connect to Snapfish and the HP Creative Studio directly from the HP Photosmart Premium with TouchSmart Web, which saves time and enables customers to archive or print photos and projects like never before… just touch, print and go.(2)
A versatile printing solution with print, fax, copy and scan functionality, the HP Photosmart Premium with TouchSmart Web is perfect for multi-tasking households – meeting all their high-quality home printing needs in one premium product, from laser-quality text to lab-quality photos. With a full range of wired and wireless connectivity options, this printer provides the freedom and flexibility to print directly from Wi-Fi enabled PCs, Bluetooth®-enabled devices, the iPhone™ and the iPod touch™ using HP iPrint Photo.(3)
This ENERGY STAR-qualified all-in-one helps users save paper with automatic two-sided printing and reduces packaging waste by using an innovative, reusable bag.
Key Features and Benefits
- Customize the HP TouchSmart Web screen with a variety of Apps(1) and add new ones simply by touching “Get More” right on the screen. Current partners include:
- Google Maps for printing maps
- Fandango for movie tickets
- Snapfish for accessing and printing photo albums
- Google Calendar for viewing and printing personal calendars
- USA TODAY for the latest news
- DreamWorks Animation for movie trailers and family printables such as coloring pages
- Coupons.com for printing coupons and recipes
- Nickelodeon for activities kids can enjoy based on the network’s characters
- Weathernews Inc. for up-to-date weather information
- Web Sudoku for printing puzzles
- Download new apps as they become available on the HP Apps Studio, to suit a variety of interests and needs.
- Create and share apps to customize the printing experience starting in late 2009.
- Quickly print fun and useful templates such as fax cover sheets, calendars, notebook paper and games such as Sudoku, with the convenient Quick Forms button.(1)
- Use the HP TouchSmart Web control panel to edit and print photos, send faxes, scan documents and make copies, in addition to printing from the Web.(1)
- Easily drag and drop photos to a desktop icon from virtually anywhere – folders, applications, e-mail and websites – for printing with the HP Photo Print Gadget.(4)
- Prevent common printing mistakes and save paper by ensuring that prints are loaded correctly and that settings are optimized for image quality and print speed with HP Auto Sense technology.(5)
- Simply touch one button for wireless set-up—making adding the printer to a home network easier than ever.(6)
- Print borderless 4 x 6-inch photos stored on an iPhone or iPod touch using HP iPrint Photo, the first photo printing application of its kind(3)—available for free in the Apple App Store.
- Directly print from a PLAYSTATION 3 (PS3) – capture and print screens to show off as proof of achievements.(7)
- ENERGY STAR® qualified – use less energy, save money and help reduce the environmental impact of printing.
- Easily print web pages with HP Smart Web Printing(8) and save both ink and paper by combining multiple web pages onto one printed page.
- Use Windows Live Photo Gallery to easily edit, store and print photos, make photo cards, calendars and more.
- Enjoy convenient and responsible ink cartridge recycling at no additional cost through HP Planet Partners.(9)
- Identify features that reduce environmental impact with the HP Eco Highlights label.
- Replace each cartridge separately when it’s needed with individual inks.
- Original HP inks: Print photos with enhanced detail using dual-drop volume technology that delivers an extremely small drop size.
Another feature that I love is that it’s screen is a touch screen and the kids can print any coloring page they see on the menu. From Nickelodeon to Disney and even iCarly. There’s something for all of my children right on the menu. My 5 year old can even print out her very own coloring page without my help (that can get dangerous). It’s like that commercial on TV -“So easy a caveman can do it.” Well in this case, “It’s so easy, a five year old can print it.”
The most important feature of all is that it is eco-friendly. We must be polite to Mother Nature, right?
Don’t you hate when you buy a product and the box is filled with lots of paper and cardboard? Not the HP Photosmart Web All-in-One Printer. You get a free reusable bag that you can carry your printer if you ever have the need to take it to someone’s house (maybe to show it off – I don’t’ know;)).
Oh and by the way, there’s a new sheriff in town. It’s called the HP Photosmart eStation but I’ll let you in on a little secret – I still won’t part with my HP Photosmart Touchsmart Web printer ;). Yes, I’m still in love.
For more information on HP’s environmental commitment and tips, visit http://www.hp.com/ecosolutions
Disclosure: The HP Photosmart Touchsmart Web Printer was provided for review purposes. No other compensation was provided. All opinions are solely my own.