My family and I love our snacks. After dinner, we like to have a sweet or salty snack to calm the savage beast within us (LOL). We can’t help it. It’s that time to relax, watch some TV and enjoy each other’s company. But there are times when we have nothing to snack on so I’ll drive to our local convenience store to get some much needed grub.
When I’m at the store, I tend to browse all the aisles looking for that perfect snack, especially when I’m alone. Either I’m looking for something sweet like chocolate or something salty (and/or spicy) like chips. It’s either one of the two (when I’m “watching” my weight) or sometimes even both.
Thanks to MyBlogSpark and General Mills, I was sent a box of “Sweet and Salty” snacks to try out with my husband (and kids). They wanted to know if the man in my life has a sweet tooth or enjoys a salty snack. I have to say he’s a little bit of both – it just depends on his “mood”.
Below are the snacks we were sent:
* Cocoa Puffs Treats Triple Chocolate: An indulgent cereal bar that combines the great taste of Cocoa Puffs cereal and chocolate into one decadent treat, Cocoa Puffs Treats Triple Chocolate is perfect for satisfying any sweet tooth.
* Bugles Hot Buffalo: Need something salty with a bit of a kick? Look no further than Bugles Hot Buffalo Crisp Corn Snacks, which blends the taste of hot buffalo sauce with crispy corn Bugles.
* Nature Valley Oats ‘N Dark Chocolate Crunchy Granola Bars: If you want the best of both worlds, give Nature Valley Oats ‘N Dark Chocolate Crunchy Granola Bars a try. These bars mix dark chocolate pieces, oats and crisp rice nuggets for a classic crunch and burst of whole grain goodness, making them a perfect natural snack that’s high in fiber and protein, but low in saturated fat.
As soon as my husband found out that he would be helping with this review, he was thrilled. He loves to try new foods and snacks so he made sure he tried all three.
The Cocoa Puffs were my least favorite (and my husband’s too) but my kids went wild for them. They were so happy we didn’t enjoy them as much as they did because it meant more for them.
My husband’s favorite snack were the Hot Buffalo Bugles. He said it had a great corn flavor and a spicy kick that were addicting. He also said he couldn’t stop eating them. It’s funny because he (almost) didn’t want to share the Bugles with the rest of us but eventually he did. My kids, on the other hand were not big fans – they said it tasted weird. I guess that’s because they are used to the regular Bugles that I buy. I’m a huge fan of the regular Bugles. I grew up eating them when I was a kid but these were a nice change from what I’m used to. If you love spicy hot buffalo wings, you’ll enjoy these bugles.
Everyone enjoyed the Chocolate granola bars. They were a huge hit. I love granola bars so to have chocolate mixed in with granola made them extra tasty and delicious.
One (1) lucky New York Chica reader will receive the same prize pack that is pictured below.
HOW TO ENTER
Mandatory Entry: Out of these three snacks, which is the one you’re (or your significant other) more excited to try and why?
FOR ADDITIONAL ENTRIES
1. Follow me on Twitter @NewYorkChica & Tweet this:
Win a General Mills Sweet & Salty Prize Pack from @NewYorkChica Sponsored by MyBlogSpark Ends June 14 http://bit.ly/b0b0Dy #giveaway
[Leave a comment with the tweet’s url so you can get a valid entry (ex. click on the time your tweet was sent). You can Tweet ONCE A DAY. If you Tweet more than that, that entry will be disqualified. (Must have 50 or more followers on Twitter)]
2. Subscribe to New York Chica by email. Click on the link on the right sidebar to enter your email address (5 extra entries).
*Please be sure to confirm your subscription or the entries will be disqualified. If you are already a subscriber (Thank you for your loyalty, we really appreciate it!), leave us a comment with your email address telling us you are a subscriber.
3. Add our button to your sidebar or Blogroll, come back here and let us know (3 Extra Entries).
4. Leave a comment on a non-giveaway post and let us know which post (5 Extra Entries).
5. Like/Fan us on Facebook (3 extra entries).
*Please note that you must comment each time for EVERY entry. For example, if you subscribe to our updates, comment 5 times for that entry and let us know what the comment is for. It makes it easier for us to count the # of comments.
Thank you for entering & Good luck!
Giveaway ends on June 14, 2010 at Midnight EST. The winner will be announced the following day with the help of RANDOM.ORG and will be contacted via email.
If the winner does not contact us within 48 hours, another winner will be chosen.
***US residents only***
Disclosure: I received the prize pack that is pictured above. No other compensation was made. All opinions are 100% mine.