Disclaimer: Thanks to Drive Shop and Mitsubishi, I was given the opportunity to test drive the 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander for seven days. All opinions are 100% my own.
Every time I get a vehicle loaned from Drive Shop, I make it a point to go somewhere miles away so that I can get a good feel for the way the vehicle drives and handles on the road. So that’s exactly what I did; I took a small road trip with my youngest to New Jersey to visit my sister for the weekend.
I was beyond grateful that Drive Shop provided me with the 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander GT S-AWC for a week to review. It was the perfect vehicle for our trip to New Jersey. The best part of the Outlander is the gas mileage. I drove to my sister’s house from my house (stopping to use the restroom only) and still had enough gas to drive to the mall a half hour away.
This particular vehicle had a ton of awesome features but below are my favorite features of the Mitsubishi Outlander GT S-AWC:
- Fog lights with chrome accents – It just makes the car look so much nicer.
- Power folding side-view mirrors – I love the fact that when I lock the vehicle with the key fob, the mirrors close to ensure safety and to avoid someone banging into the mirror. Awesome feature!!
- Color – Rally Red is a gorgeous color. It shines and glitters in the sunlight making this vehicle perfect for moms. Wel, at least I think so. 😉
- Power Glass Sunroof – I’m in love with sunroofs ever since I started reviewing vehicles. I wish my SUV had a sunroof!
- Silver Roof Racks – Having roof racks is a nice feature to have in case you need to carry some extra cargo on the top.
- Color-Keyed Power Side-view Mirrors with Turn Indicators – I felt safe knowing that when I used my turn signals, other dirvers can see that I was turning.
- 7 Passenger Seating – This is convenient when traveling with small ones since they can fit in the 3rd row with no issues. It does take away from trunk space but if you need the extra seating, you’ve got it!
- Drive Mode Selector (AWC, ECO, Normal, Snow & LOCK) – LOVE, love, love this feature! I drove around town and in New Jersey with the ECO Mode on the entire time and I didn’t have to worry about adding gas for hundreds of miles. It was awesome and it saved me some money at the same time.
- Heated Front Seats – This is well-needed for our trip since it was a bit chillier than average. It warmed up my buns and back I was in heaven.
- Micro Air Filtration – I couldn’t believe that a vehicle would ever have an air filtration. You can say I thoroughly enjoyed breathing in clean air. 😉
- Telescopic Steering Wheel – The steering wheel was extremely comfortable and very convenient. I had the option to change the radio station, pick up a call from my cell phone and choose cruise control when I was on the highway. LOVED IT!
- Rear view Camera – It’s a must-have for all new vehicles. Although I still use my mirrors when backing up, this also helped with knowing if my neighbor’s kid was riding around in his bike. Sometimes I see him at the last second since he’s pretty careless. :/
- Key Fob Storage – Love that I didn’t have to place the key fob in the cup holder like I usually do. It has its own cute little storage just for the key fob.
- Rockford Fosgate – Love the premium sound system with its nine speakers all around. The sound of the music was crystal clear. Really enjoyed this feature as well.
Safety & Security
- Hill Start Assist – Don’t you hate when you driving up a hill, the vehicle seems sluggish? This will alleviate the need to press the gas pedel with great force when driving up a hill.
- Driver’s knee airbag – Great feature to have to save your knees in case of an accident.
- Lane Departure Warning – One of my favorite features. Blind spots can get people into accidents but having this feature makes it almost impossible to change lanes with another vehicle near you. This should be a must in every standard vehicle.
- Anti-lock Braking System – This vehicle has brake assist just in case you don’t break fast enough.
- Anti-theft Security Alarm System.
- Anti-Theft Engine Immobilizer.
As you can see from my favorite features, the 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander has a whole lot to offer. It’s great for families! With its extra seating, you can all fit comfortable and feel safe knowing that the Outlander has a 5-Star Safety Rating as well.