Disclaimer: Thanks to Drive Shop and Mitsubishi, I was given the opportunity to test drive the 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 SE for one full week. All opinions are 100% my own. No monetary compensation was received.
I’m accustomed to driving an SUV since I’ve owned a Kia Sorento for nine years so I wasn’t quite excited about driving around in a Mitsubishi Mirage for a week. Although I was definitely grateful to Drive Shop for providing the Mirage for our Hershey Park road trip, I really thought I would feel enclosed.
Boy, was I wrong!
Prior to receiving the 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4, I went online to check out the specifications. I knew it would be too small for us (minus my son) being that it is a compact car but when the Mirage was dropped off, my expectations skyrocketed!
At first, you obviously see a compact car but when you sit inside, you realize you don’t need all the room of an SUV unless the whole family is traveling along. You’ll quickly noticed that a family of four can fit nice and comfortably in the Mirage G4.
When driving to far away places, you’ll definitely want a fuel-efficient vehicle that will take you miles away in one full tank. In some cases, that’s totally doable. Other cases you may have to fill up a couple of times depending how far you are driving. In our case, we drove to Hershey, Pennsylvania for a weekend getaway in a Mitsubishi Mirage G4 with one full tank of gas which was beyond perfect for us.
The 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 is definitely an awesome vehicle for any commuter, college student or a small family. With a 3-cylinder engine you don’t get much power, especially when traveling uphill but you do get great gas mileage and that’s a plus in my book!
The one feature that really shocked me was the trunk space. The size really surprised me since we were able to haul two suitcases, 4 big bags, pillows, blankets and an air purifier. I could not believe that everything fit perfectly. I was so glad I was able to test drive this particular model compared to the hatchback model. We definitely needed the extra trunk space! Can you tell these girls were excited about the trunk space too??
The steering wheel was very comfortable to use. You can change the radio stations, adjust the volume and answer a phone call on the steering wheel. And of course, you can use the cruise control as well.
As you can see, two adults or two older kids can fit comfortably in the back. The center console is absolutely perfect for the back seat passengers.
I love that I was able to choose Apple CarPlay from my iPhone. What a neat feature to have. Perfect for those college students! 😉
There’s my little one acting silly.
Til’ next time Hershey Park!
More Info About The 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 SE:
New for 2017 (U.S. Model):
- All-new sub-compact sedan, a sibling to the well-established Mirage hatchback
- Mirage G4 brings a fresh dose of clean style, environmental consciousness, affordability and value, agility and connectivity
- Superior fuel economy and super-low Greenhouse Gas Emissions make the Mirage G4 one of the top environmentally conscious gas-powered sedans in the industry
- Offers unexpected connectivity in a sub-compact car with Apple CarPlay™ support and Android Auto™
- Powered by a 1.2-liter three-cylinder engine
- Long wheelbase provides for a spacious interior cabin
- Small car for big city life, Mirage G4 features responsive electric power steering with best-in-class turning radius
- Illuminated semi high-contrast combination gauge cluster (speedometer/tachometer) (SE)
- High-gloss, piano-black shift panel, center panel, and switch panel accents
- 6-way adjustable driver’s seat (SE)
- 4-way front passenger seat
- 4-speaker, AM/FM/CD/MP3 audio system
- Keyless entry with panic feature
- FAST Key passive entry system with Push Button Start (SE)
- Available AM/FM/CD/MP3/DVD Display Audio with smartphone link system, Apple CarPlay™ support and Android Auto™ (optional on ES, standard on SE)
- Dark chrome plated upper front grille
- Front windshield variable intermittent wipers and washers
- Halogen headlights with rear combination tail lights
- Color-keyed front and rear bumpers, folding side-view mirrors and door handles
- New dark chrome 15-inch alloy wheel (SE)
- Colors: White Pearl, Starlight Silver, Mercury Gray, Mystic Black, Infra Red, Sapphire Blue, Wine Red
- Advanced seven (7) air bag SRS system including driver’s side knee air bag, dual-stage front air bags with occupant seat position sensors, front seat mounted side-impact air bags and front and rear curtain side air bags
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Active Stability Control (ASC)
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Engine immobilizer anti-theft security alarm system
- Mitsubishi Motors’ patented Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution (RISE) safety cell body construction
- Fully transferable 5-year/60,000 mile new vehicle limited warranty
- 10-year/100,000 mile power train limited warranty
- 7-year/100,000 mile anti-corrosion perforation limited warranty
- 5-year/unlimited mile roadside assistance
Would I Purchase The 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4?
Being that I have a large family, I don’t think I would purchase this vehicle but like I said before, it’s perfect for single people, college students or a family of four. The two features that stood out was the gas mileage and the trunk space. You can’t beat having a fuel-efficient car nowadays.