With summer just around the corner, I especially look forward to the upcoming grilling season as do many individuals. There’s nothing better than enjoying a juicy and flavorful piece of steak straight from the grill!
Walmart is dedicated to its customers and offers everyday low prices for their everyday needs and now customers can enjoy Walmart’s Top Quality USDA Choice steaks as well! Walmart’s now offers a wide selection of top quality USDA Choice steak which includes T-bone, NY Strip, Filet, Rib Eye and Top Sirloin.
Walmart teamed up with Kingsford® Charcoal and Coca-Cola© for the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge. Eight finalists were chosen from a multi-city search to compete for the chef with the best steak grilling skills in the country. The eight finalist included Richard Chamberlain (Dallas), Ronald (Ronnie Killen (Houston), Eric Lackey (Tampa), David Larkworthy (Atlanta), Daniel Nemec (San Antonio), David Rook (St. Louis), Erik Sierra (Miami), and Willy Thomas (Nashville).
Each of the finalists created such wonderful recipes that would make anyone’s mouth water. The Walmart USDA choice steaks were cooked to perfection. The chefs, adding just the right amount of seasonings to the steak so the quality and the flavor of the USDA choice steaks could speak for themselves. I’ll admit, it was a tough decision deciding on just one favorite out of the eight finalists.
I was in steak heaven!
But being an ultimate fan of Filet Mignon, my vote went with Richard Chamberlain, the winner of the Walmart Choice Steak challenge with his Grilled Filet Mignon with Smoky Spice Rub.
Reasons for choosing Walmart’s USDA Choice Premium Beef:
- High Quality Selections. Only 1 in 5 steaks qualify for Walmart’s USDA Choice Premium Beef.
- Excellent Taste. Perfect marbling in selected cuts make steaks extra juicy and flavorful.
- Expertly Aged. Steaks are aged for excellent flavor and tenderness.
- 100% Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee. If customers aren’t satisfied, customers can bring back their receipt for a full refund.
Grilled Filet Mignon with Smoky Spice Rub
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 Minutes
4- 6-ounce Walmart Choice Premium Filet Mignon Steaks
Smoky Spice Rub
2 Tablespoons smoked paprika
1 ½ Tablespoons light brown sugar
1 Tablespoon ancho chili powder
1 Tablespoon smoked sea salt
1 Tablespoon fresh ground pepper
1 Teaspoon ground cumin
1 Tablespoon granulated garlic
4 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal, until the briquets are consistently ashed over.
2. While the grill is heating, combine the spice rub ingredients. Spice rub can be made a day in advance, if desired.
3. Rub filet mignons generously with spice rub on all sides. Brush each steak with 1 tablespoon olive oil on each side and place on grill.
4. Close grill lid, allowing steaks to brown for several minutes before turning and closing the lid again. Grill steaks to an internal temperature of 130 degrees F for medium rare.
5. Remove steaks from grill, place on cutting board and cover loosely with foil. Let the steak rest before serving.
Above recipe was created by Chef Richard Chamberlain of Chamberlain’s Steak and Chop House in Dallas on behalf of the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge presented by Kingsford® charcoal and Coca-Cola©. He won the grand prize of $5,000 for his favorite charity, Bridge Builders. In addition to winning for his charity, he also won $5,000 for himself! A win-win situation if you ask me – And well deserved too!
Post written by Jessica.
Disclosure. This is not a sponsored post. New York Chica was invited to Walmart’s Steak Challenge event to taste their fantastic steaks. All opinions are my own.