When I was growing up, I hoped and prayed I would never have the need to wear braces. I made sure I took care of my teeth by brushing them twice a day and pushing my front teeth inward to prevent an overbite – I figured I was doing the same job as braces (obsessed, I know!). Thank goodness I was blessed with straight teeth (with a slight overbite) and never needed braces. I’m sure my parents were relieved too.
I, on the other hand, have different issues. My 13 year old son needs braces and unfortunately we have not taken him to get checked by an orthodontist yet. I thought he had time to get his teeth fixed but I was wrong.
That all changed when I was invited to an event back in March by Gold PR at the fantastic Hotel Giraffe with other bloggers to learn about Invisalign and their new product. It was an all day meeting where we learn the history of Invisalign, informative facts on why orthodontists decided to create a new Invisalign product just for teens and the differences between metal braces and Invisalign.
What is Invisalign Teen?
Invisalign Teen is part of the Invisalign product family developed by Align Technology, Inc. Invisalign Teen is a clear, plastic aligner therapy that fits the needs of the average active teen. It uses the same technology as adult aligners, moving teeth gradually with each set of clear, comfortable plastic aligners. But because teens (and their mouths) are constantly on the move, Invisalign has added new features that parents and teens will love and appreciate.
- Blue wear-indicators fade from blue to clear to help your teen gauge wear time. The blue dot is designed to fade to clear over a two-week period if you wear your aligners properly (20-22 hrs daily).
- Designed to compensate for the growth of new teeth and molars.
- Six FREE individual replacement aligners are included in case any get lost or misplaced.
Are They More Expensive?
You’ll be surprised that Invisalign braces costs about the same as traditional metal braces. That was a relief to know because my son really wants Invisalign braces because who wants to be called “Metal Mouth” or “Train Track Mouth?” I’m sure no teen wants that.
Why Teens (and parents) Prefer It?
- It fits their active lifestyle. Since the Invisalign Aligners are comfortable and durable, it’s easy for teens to continue their favorite activities such as playing sports and musical instruments.
- It looks great. Invisalign’s near-invisibility is still one of the most popular features for teens. No one can really tell they are wearing braces so it doesn’t call for attention like traditional braces do.
- It’s removable. Since teens can remove the aligners to brush and floss, they can maintain normal, healthy oral hygiene during treatment.
- It’s comfortable. Invisalign Teen Aligners are made out of lightweight plastic that is custom-fitted to each patient’s teeth. There are no wires or uncomfortable metal brackets poking or tearing their mouth or gums.
- It’s affordable. The costs is comparable to traditional braces and is covered by most insurance and financing options are available.
- It’s innovative and it works! Invisalign teen solves an age-old problem with a new technology and a fresh approach. Like traditional braces, Invisalign Teen EFFECTIVELY straightens teeth.
Invisalign was founded in 1997 by Align Technology, Inc. They are the leader in clear-aligner therapy. With the introduction of the FDA-cleared Invisalign system in 1999, Align pioneered the invisible-orthodontics market. Since it’s debut, Align has trained more than 53,000 doctors around the world, treated nearly one million patients, and manufactured more than 39 million unique Invisalign Aligners.
For more information, you can visit Invisalign Teen to get all details and orthodontists that specialize in Invisalign braces.
*Special Discount For Our New York Readers*
Dr. Jacqueline Fulop-Goodling is offering New York Chica readers a $500 discount for Invisalign Teen Aligners. All you have to do is mention our site and tell her Lisa from New York Chica sent you and she’ll honor the discount. For more information and exact locations, visit Dr. Jackie (Click on the link!)
***A huge thanks to Gold PR for a wonderful day! It was nice to meet Jami and everyone else, including all the other wonderful bloggers.