Disclosure: I was invited by Royal Caribbean for a two-night media cruise on the Quantum of the Seas Cruise Ship. No monetary compensation was provided.
Are you looking to travel with your loved ones for a special occasion or just because? You’d want to celebrate on the grandest, the most technological ship ever created — Royal Caribbean’s Quantum of the Seas Cruise Ship.
It is nothing like you’ve seen before. If you’ve never cruised before, THIS is the cruise ship you’d want to try FIRST! If you’re an expert cruiser, then you must cruise the Quantum of the Seas because it’s nothing like any other cruise ship!
I was invited a few weeks ago to cruise the Quantum of the Seas for a 2-night media cruise trip and let me tell you it was absolutely phenomenal! I couldn’t believe my eyes. I was fortunate enough to bring my son along who turned 18 in September so this trip was special for him as well.
I did not want the trip to end! There’s so much to do and see on the ship, you’d want to stay on the ship for at least a full week.
We cruised out to sea for the two nights so we can all experience what Quantum has to offer – which is A LOT!! Trust me when I say you will never get bored or hungry. It’s a fabulous vacation for couples and families as well. The best part is that you can now stay in touch with your family, friends and all of social media during your entire stay on the Quantum.
Since there’s so much to cover, I will break it down in a few posts instead of one huge post.
Let’s start off with some fun facts:
- 168,666 gross tons
- 1,141 feet long
- 22 knots cruising speed
- 4,180 guests (double occupancy)
- 16 guest elevators
- 4 bow thrusters (4,694 HP each)
- 28 Feet draft
- 136 feet wide
- 16 guest decks
- 4,905 Guests (total)
- 1,500 Crew Members
- Total: 2,090
- 16 Family Connected Staterooms
- 34 Wheelchair Accessible Staterooms
- Balcony: 1,571
- Outside: 148
- 375 Staterooms with Virtual Balconies
Amazing Fun Facts about Quantum
- Standing upright at 1,141 Feet, Quantum of the Seas is 2.5 times taller than the great Pyramid of Giza.
- At 1,141 feet, Quantum of the Seas is approximately equal to 3.5 regulation size soccer fields.
- Quantum of the Seas is LONGER than 5 Boeing 747 Jetliners!
- Quantum’s 4 bow thrusters produce 4,694 horsepower each, which is equal to the horsepower of 24 formula one cars.
- Quantum of the Seas is nearly 3 times as wide as a regulation size basketball court!
- Quantum of the Seas is more than 3 times the size of the International Space Station.
- Quantum of the Seas is 11 times bigger than a blue whale.
- With 2,090 staterooms, Quantum of the Seas has more guest accommodations than the Waldorf Astoria.
- At 22 knots, Quantum of the Seas can beat Usain Bolt’s average speed by a bow.
There you have it folks. Loads of facts about the most smartest, grandest, most amazing ship ever made, Quantum of the Seas!!
Be sure to check back and read about dining, entertainment, the North Star (You are going to LOVE this one!), sky diving, bumper cars, the FIRST EVER robotic bartender and lots more!!!
Some of the team members from Axis Agency and a few bloggers.
Disclosure: A HUGE thank you goes out to the whole team at Axis Agency for inviting my son and I to a once in a lifetime chance to cruise the world’s FIRST smartest ship!!