Disclosure: This post is part of a sponsorship with BabyCenter and Clearblue. All thoughts and opinions expressed here are 100% my own.
Ever since I was a little girl, I always knew I wanted to start a family at an early age. I remember a conversation I had with a friend in fourth grade about having kids. We talked about our future kids and what we wanted to have first. Yeah, I know it wasn’t quite normal having that type of conversation in fourth grade but it was something I knew I would want in my future. I wanted to have a good career but at the same time, be a mother too.
It’s funny because during the conversation I said I wanted to have my first child at 21 and I wanted my first child to be a boy. I never thought God would bless me with a son, my first-born, years later.
Fast forward to when I was actually 21, I never thought I would be taking my first pregnancy test at a Nathan’s Restaurant in Yonkers. I can remember the day clearly. It was a cold February day and we were shopping on Central Ave in Yonkers, NY. I mentioned to my then boyfriend (now he’s my husband) about a missed period.
He seemed shocked. Believe me I was shocked to because we were always careful. But I knew something was different with my body.
So we visited a local pharmacy and bought a Clearblue Pregnancy Test. It’s the only fool-proof pregnancy test I knew about. We stopped into Nathans and I did the test there. I know what you’re thinking; it’s not very sanitary nor is it very private but I’m telling you, we could not wait any longer! The suspense was driving us both bananas.
Immediately after peeing on the stick, I saw two lines. I was shocked. I was filled with so many emotions I had no words when I came out of the bathroom. All I did was show my boyfriend and he hugged me so tight that I remember I could hardly breathe.
I could tell he was shocked to but we were together for 6 years, we knew we wanted to start a family of our own after getting married. I guess the kid came first, then marriage. LOL.
With the older pregnancy tests, two lines meant a positive pregnancy test and one line meant you weren’t.
Remember that? That was so long ago! Technology is definitely getting better and better.
Here are some facts about the New Clearblue Advanced Pregnancy Test with Weeks Estimator:
• It is the first and only test of its kind in the U.S., the new Clearblue Advanced Pregnancy Test with Weeks Estimator not only tells a woman if she is pregnant, but also estimates the number of weeks.
• The Clearblue Advanced Pregnancy Test with Weeks Estimator simply gives women more information right at the beginning of their pregnancy journey than ever before!
• It is over 99% accurate from expected period at detecting typical pregnancy hormone levels; hormone levels vary.
• It is approximately 93% accurate in estimating the number of weeks based on time since ovulation.
• It is the #1 test choice of OB/GYNs and 84% of OB/GYNs agree that the new Clearblue Advanced Pregnancy Test with Weeks Estimator offers helpful information.
• Cleared by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA), the Weeks Estimator test provides the results in words on a digital display: Not Pregnant; Pregnant 1-2; Pregnant 2-3; Pregnant 3+.
• It is able to detect levels of the hormone hCG to estimate the number of weeks.
Here’s what doctors think of the New Clearblue Advanced Pregnancy Test with Weeks Estimator:
Now you know my story with my first born. I would love to hear yours! Please share your experience with the Clearblue Weeks Estimator. Please note that Clearblue may use your testimonial (anonymously) on their web site.