If you gave me a choice between winter and summer, I would definitely have to choose the latter. Summer is a time to enjoy the outdoors and spend plenty of time with your family by the beach or the pool.
When I was a kid, my parents used to vacation in Lancaster, PA. We’d visit my aunts, uncles and cousins and explore the area. My aunt was a stay at home mom so to make extra money, she would sell frozen kool-aid in small cups for twenty-five cents each. She would make yummy and refreshing flavors like cherry, grape, orange, lime and even coconut. The coconut flavor was my absolute favorite. In Puerto Rico, we call coconut ice Limber De Coco. It’s so delicious! It’s rich and creamy but oh so refreshing. If you love coconut, you’ll love Limber De Coco.
Want to see what all the rave is about? I dare you to try it! It’s really easy to make. Don’t worry, you don’t have to cut open a real coconut to make these refreshing and flavorful treats.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1- 15 oz can of Coconut Cream. (Coco Lopez is the preferred brand)
1- 13 oz can of coconut milk
1 cup of milk
1 cup of water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
A sprinkle of shredded coconut (optional)
Simple enough, right?!
- Place everything in a blender and blend away. It takes about a minute to mix everything together.
- Once it’s well mixed, pour mixture into small cups.
- Hit each cup with a dash of cinnamon on top and place in the freezer overnight.
- Remove from freezer the next day and enjoy! All you need is a spoon. 🙂
- Follow steps 1-3 above.
- Place cups in freezer for about an hour or two. Remove cups out of freezer for a moment to place a popsicle stick in the middle of each cup. Place cups back in freezer and leave overnight.
- Remove from freezer the next day and enjoy!
What’s your favorite summer treat?