Yesterday I posted about the media event I was invited to, sponsored by Aunt Jemima with Chef Aaron McCargo and I promised I would be posting the recipes he made soon.
Today I am sharing my favorite dish from the event, the Super Duper Easy Monte Cristo Sandwich. I never knew this recipe would be possible and delicious made from frozen french toast!
Aaron McCargo’s Monte Cristo Sandwich
- 6 slices of Aunt Jemima Frozen Homestyle French Toast
- ½ pound or 9 slices of store bought deli roasted turkey breast (thinly sliced)
- ½ pound or 9 slices of store bought deli sliced Tavern style ham or best brand ham (thinly sliced)
- ½ pound or 9 slices of mozzarella
- ¼ stick of melted butter
- Preheat press grill. Heat French toast for 90 seconds in a microwave single layered using a microwave safe plate.
- Remove plate from microwave and take 2 pieces of French toast and top first piece with 1 slice of mozzarella cheese, 3 slices of turkey and additional slice of mozzarella.
- Add 3 slices of ham and cap it off with 1 more slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Add the last piece of French toast.
- Butter both sides of bread with melted butter then place on pre-heated grill and grill for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove, cut in quarters, and serve. No syrup needed since the sweetness of the French toasts makes this Super Duper Monte Cristo sweet enough!
Tip: If you do not have a grill, feel free to use a non-stick 10” pan and pre-heat on medium-high heat. Butter both sides of the sandwiches with melted butter and cook in pre-heated pan for 3-4 minutes while placing light pressure with a plate that will cover all the sandwiches at once. Flip and do the same. Remove and serve.
How easy was that? It’s simple to make and really tasty.
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post. I’m just sharing recipes that I love and enjoy.