Amazon Prime Now just released shopping data from last year’s holiday season, showing what customers order most in superfast speeds.
Prime Now also announced that the New York Prime Now hub plans to leverage this data, along with recent Prime Now shopping data, to curate and update selection throughout the month to ensure a breadth of in-demand products for impatient holiday shoppers and procrastinators like myself ;)..
To give you a deeper look into the impatient New York shopper, and what they need most during the holiday peak buying season, Prime Now has shared the top selling and most unique items over the past month:
- Beverages – Poland Spring 100% Natural Spring Water and Aquafina water bottles, as well as San Pellegrino Sparkling Natural Mineral Water
- Gear & Gadgets – the AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable, the Amazon Basics High-Speed HDMI 2.0 cable and the all-new Echo Dot (2nd Gen).
Most unique, top selling:
- OXO Good Grips 2-cup angled measuring cup
- TOSSWARE 18oz Shatterproof wine and cocktail glass (set of 12)
- Casabella toilet bowl brush with holder
Since launching Manhattan three holidays ago, Prime Now has expanded to more than 30 cities across the U.S. and includes more than 20 local stores and thousands of restaurants in the service.
A Look at the Impatient Holiday Shopper
According to Prime Now shopping data from last holiday, the most in-demand products changed dramatically in December thanks to impatient holiday shoppers.
Here’s a look at the top trends that emerged:
- The Gearhead – In nearly all Prime Now locations, ethernet, HDMI, and USB cables were the top-selling items in advance of the holidays.
- Family Bonds – Pie Face Game, Connect4, and Star Wars Trilogy Episodes IV-VI DVD were best-sellers early in the month.
- The Gift Giver – Holiday gift wrapping, tissue paper, and gift tags were all in-demand for Prime members.
- Party Animal – Last-minute party supplies, such as plastic tablecloths, dessert plates, and party hats were must-haves in a hurry during the days leading up to Christmas.
- Technophile – Amazon Echo, Fire Tablets and Fire TV Sticks were the most-wanted last-minute items in Prime Now shopping carts.
You can learn more about new service offerings and holiday sales trends from Prime Now in the accompanying infographic.
Prime Now is offered exclusively to Prime members in Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Chicago, Cincinnati, Columbus, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, Indianapolis, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Manhattan/Brooklyn, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, Orange County, Orlando, Phoenix, Portland, Raleigh, Richmond, Sacramento, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle, Tampa, Virginia Beach, and Washington, D.C. metro. Through Prime Now, one-hour delivery is $7.99 and two-hour delivery is free.