Disclaimer: Thanks to Drive Shop and Mazda, I was given the opportunity to test drive the 2016 Mazda CX-5 for one whole week. All opinions are 100% my own.
Last week, I had the amazing privilege to test drive this blue beauty: A 2016 Mazda CX-5 for a full seven days. I test drove one other vehicle a few years back, so I was beyond excited to test drive this sporty crossover since we are in the market to either purchase or lease a new vehicle within the next year.
The Mazda CX-5 is a wonderful and easy vehicle to maneuver. It drives comfortably, smoothly and has a great pick-up. Compared to my old 2006 SUV, this car was a dream! It has all the bells and whistles anyone would need to feel luxurious and of course, safe. The Mazda CX-5 had a ton of features I loved and wished I had in my current SUV, so I was one happy mom. I especially loved the immense leg room and spacious trunk. Just look at all that space! FYI – Don’t mind my little one – she was ecstatic about our fun new ride for the week!
Here are a few of my favorite features:
- Blind-Spot Monitor – Sometimes those side mirrors don’t show you everything! I had a few instances in the past where this feature would’ve been extremely useful.
- Rear-view Camera – It’s always safe when you can see what’s behind you when you’re backing up. Yes, you can use the side-view mirrors, rear-view mirror and you can also turn your head, but when you have a camera, you can rest assure you will not hit anything. You can always see your surrounding areas and to me, that alone makes me feel safer – especially when traveling at night.
- Blue-tooth Capability – I loved the fact that I was able to hook up my phone to the Mazda and immediately get access to my music, contacts and ability to pick up a call from my husband with a touch of a button on the wheel. It was safe and I didn’t feel at all distracted.
- Moonroof – OMG! I’ve always wanted to vehicle with a moonroof/sunroof. To be able to put my hand up and feel the breeze is freaking awesome! The next vehicle I own will definitely have one of these!!
Here are a few of my husband’s favorite features:
- SkyActiv-Drive 6SPD Sport Mode – He loved the position of that sports mode button and how fast it responded on the road. He says, “Just hit the well-placed button and it amps up your power, giving you that driving response that feels like 0-60 mph in secs!”
- 7” Color Touch Screen & Navigation – He loved the touch screen! It’s a super cool feature and was very easy to navigate through the options.
- Rain-sensing Windshield Wipers – This can be very useful for those unexpected torrental rain storms that come our way every now and then.
- XM Radio – My husband LOVES his music so having the satellite music feature was a huge plus. Obviously we don’t have that feature in our no-frills vehicle, but I’m sure he’s gonna want it in our next one!
- Blue-tooth Capability – Hubby said it was so easy to connect and make a call while driving safely on the road.
- Leather Steering Wheel with Blue Tooth Controls – We both loved having the ability to adjust the volume with a touch of a button and/or answer a call without having your hands off the wheel. We both agreed that was an awesome and safe feature. Another luxury that we wished our current 2006 vehicle had!
- Push Button Engine Start – No more keys! To start the vehicle, all you need to do is press a button.
I can go on and on about all of the amazing features we both thoroughly enjoyed, but for now I’ll post the pictures I took of the spacious Blue Beauty for you to enjoy:
Total MSRP: $32,340
Would we purchase this vehicle?
Yes we would!! Since our son recently bought his first car, we don’t really have to worry about space for three kids in the back. As previously stated, the Mazda CX-5 rides really well and the look is super sleek and stylish. I couldn’t help but notice a few people looking at the Mazda while we were on the road… it is indeed a sexy looking vehicle!