My husband and I discovered Bonefish Grill a few months ago after I received a gift card from one of the PR agencies I did work for. After our first visit, we were hooked! The ambiance, the food (OMG – the Bang Bang Shrimp was our favorite!), the wine and the service.
Everything was spot-on!
We’ve visited twice after and we can’t wait to visit again real soon. In the mean time, while we wait for our next date night, I decided to look for a copycat recipe online and boy did I find a ton!
I wanted a simple but yet delicious recipe and I wanted a recipe that would taste as good as the original. And I think we found a winner.
Copycat Recipe of Bang Bang Shrimp from Bonefish Grill
1 Pound of raw large Shrimp, peeled & deveined
1/2 cup of Buttermilk
1/2 cup of Mayo
2 Tablespoons of Sriracha
3 Tablespoons of Sweet Chili Sauce
oil for frying
seasoned salt to taste
1/2 cup of Breadcrumbs (I used gluten-free & it came out delish!)
1/2 cup of corn starch
Romaine Lettuce, sliced thin
1.In a large bowl, pour the buttermilk over the shrimp and let it soak for about 15 minutes.
2. Add seasoned salt to the milk and shrimp mixture.
3. While the shrimp soak in the milk, stir in the mayo, sriracha and sweet chili sauce in another bowl. Set aside.
4. Mix together the corn starch and bread crumbs in another bowl and pour onto a cookie sheet.
5. Drain the shrimp (do not rinse!). Place shrimp on top of the corn starch/bread crumbs mixture and mix together until every shrimp is evenly coated.
5. Heat the oil to about 375 degrees. You may have to work in batches depending on how big your deep fryer or pot is.
6. Fry the shrimp until golden brown and place on top of some paper towels.
7. Put cooked shrimp in a large bowl and pour sauce over the shrimp and gently toss.
8. Place shrimp on top of a bed of lettuce and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, please let me know what you think. It’s a huge hit at my house!