Disclosure: This is a sponsored post.
Are you ready for some football?
I know what I’m ready for — I’m ready for some Superbowl Food! Who’s with me??
I don’t know about you but for me, Superbowl night means food, family, friends, commercials and more food! Unfortunately, I do not have a favorite team this year so it’s all about the snacks.
We’re gearing up to Sunday night with some Chex™ cereal. Chex™ gave us some wonderful ideas for making the best snacks to feed everyone. I chose to make Muddy Buddies yesterday and they were a huge hit with my family. It’s easy-to-make, chocolatey and crunchy!
Chex™ Muddy Buddies
Another popular name for this favorite mix is “puppy food”. Chow down; it’s doggone good!
9 cups Rice Chex™, Corn Chex™ or Chocolate Chex™ cereal (or combination)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2cups powdered sugar
1. Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
2. In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Make it your own. Every game day gathering has a unique mix of fans. Make your guests feel like their team is represented by creating custom pennants. With some felt, a wooden stick and a glue gun you can tailor the pennants to your guests’ tastes!
Half time entertainment. Put on your own halftime show by setting up a game day photo booth, complete with props like footballs, whistles and construction paper goal posts. Guests can goof around no matter how their team is doing.
Game day games. You may need to lighten the mood or provide some distractions; football-themed games are a great way to involve all your guests. We recommend sticking with the classic game of charades — you can act out your favorite players, teams and touchdown dances.
Mix up your cocktail offering. Instead of stocking up on six packs, offer your guests a ‘beer-tail’. Go with a classic Michelada. Start with a pint glass. Rub a lime wedge along the rim of your glass and dip in equal parts salt and cayenne. Then, combine one lager beer (Tecate recommend) with 1/2 oz fresh lime juice, 3 drops Tabasco sauce, 1 dash Worcestershire sauce and a pinch of black pepper.
End with a bang. Snacks that your guests can customize are perfect for sports gatherings so everyone has something they love — no sit down dinner schedule required. For this version of a snack bar, use Original Chex™ Party Mix as the base. Then pile on ingredients like roasted chickpeas, cheese cubes, salami and fried onions. Put a microwave at the end so guests can heat up their creations.
One lucky New York Chica reader will win a cool Chex™ prize box. You’ll receive everything in the photo below to start off any party right!
– Galvanized steel beverage tub for easy access to cokes, beer or water during game time.
– Four 16 oz. Luminarc Pub Glasses. Perfect for beer (or other beverages) at parties!
– Two sets of four 28 oz Calibowl Serving bowls. Perfect for chili, soups, snacks & dips!
– Chalkboard coasters that will make it easy to find your drink.
– Silver tinsel for a DIY photo booth (very popular right now).
– Three boxes of Chex™ cereal for any recipe.
Valued at over $80.