You know I can’t remember the last time I posted a Shout-out Sunday. Do you? It was one of my favorite posts to do. I’m hoping I can keep up with the Shout-out Sunday every week! If you have any suggestions, please feel free to email me!
During the holidays, I tend to cook A LOT like so many other people. I love to make traditional Puerto Rican foods such as arroz con gandules (rice and pigeon peas), pernil (pork roast), Flan (caramel custard) and Coquito (Puerto Rican Egg Nog).
This year I wanted to change things up a bit and make something I’ve never heard of. Many people call it Christmas Crack or better known as Christmas Toffee. I guess people call it Crack because it can be HIGHLY addicting! I tried it once last year at my old job but my co-worker who made it just called it Chocolate Toffee. She gave me the recipe but I lost it.
As I was looking though Pinterest, I kept seeing recipes for Christmas Crack. When I saw the pics, I knew that was the recipe my old co-worker gave me.
I decided to make it this weekend and let me tell you, it was a HUGE hit! And it was extremely simple and easy to make.
Christmas Crack aka Chocolate Toffee
2 Sticks of Butter
1 Cup of Brown Sugar (light or brown – Your choice!)
A whole sleeve of Saltine Crackers
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract (optional)
12-oz bag of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Jelly Roll Pan
Preheat your oven to 350° degrees.
Wrap the jelly roll pan with aluminum foil. While you line the pan with crackers, heat the butter in a small pot with the brown sugar on low to medium heat. Stir constantly so it doesn’t burn. Once its incorporated, cook for about 3 minutes without stirring.
Pour the hot sugar mixture over the crackers and bake for 5-7 minutes. Remove from the oven and quickly sprinkle with chocolate chips.
Return the pan into the oven for one minute and remove. Carefully with the back of a spoon, spread the chocolate chips over the crackers. Place pan into refrigerator for a couple of hours. After it’s chilled, break apart and enjoy!
There’s only 5 people in my house and it’s almost GONE!!!! I made it this morning people!!!!
I’m trying to bring back my Shout-Out Sunday posts. I know how much you all loved them. 😉 I love them too! I love promoting other bloggers who bring us great recipes, reviews and lots of other things.
This week’s Shout-out Sunday is all about food! I hope you enjoy these posts as much as I did.
1. The Pioneer Woman made these delicious looking Pumpkin Ravioli with wonton wrappers!! YUM!!
2. Joy The Baker Made some scrumptious Peppermint Pretzel Marshmallow Fudge. You can’t go wrong with fudge!
3. Kevin and Amanda made some cookies that I want to make tomorrow!! They’re called Gooey Salted Caramel Vanilla Butter Cookies.
4. I’m a coffee drinker and I LOVE eating Biocotti with my coffee on the weekend. It’s such a treat. Check out Smitten Kitchen’s Gingerbread Biscotti. Looks so easy and so delish!
5. How could you say no to chocolate, truffles and brownies all in one recipe? You simply cannot! Check out Recipe Girl’s recipe for Milk Chocolate Truffle Brownies!