Exciting new things are happening this summer at the Bronx Zoo and I wanted to share it with all of my fabulous readers. And the best thing about the news is the wonderful contest they have going on right now. You’re gonna flip your wig when you read about the prizes! 🙂 Good luck!
The Bronx Zoo Dinosaur Safari Sweepstakes
The Bronx Zoo Dinosaur Safari Sweepstakes sweepstakes is available until August 15, 2013. You can enter at http://www.Bronxzoo.com/sweeps.
- Bronx Zoo VIP Tour: Embark on an adventure 200 million years in the making with the Bronx Zoo! Take a ride through Dinosaur Safari where you’ll experience more than 20 life size animatronic dinosaurs. In addition, receive a private VIP tour of the park, be treated to lunch and be sent on your way with special Bronx Zoo merchandise. Package includes a one year Premium memberships which provides a full year of fun and adventure with free admission to all five WCS parks; Bronx Zoo, New York Aquarium, Central Park Zoo, Prospect Park Zoo and Queens Zoo.
- The Lion King: More than 60 million people around the world have come to discover the thrill, the majesty, the truly one-of-a-kind musical that is THE LION KING. And there’s no better place to experience this landmark entertainment event than in the city where it all began. Join us at the Minskoff Theatre, in the heart of Times Square, and discover the pride of New York.
- The Milford: Enjoy a 2-night stay in the newly transformed The Milford NYC. The hotel is surrounded by 24 theaters and the excitement and energy of Times Square. We are ready to welcome you to discover, work and play in New York and create your own stories and moments to remember.
- Virgil’s BBQ: Satisfy you Dino-sized appetite at Virgil’s Real Barbeque! Receive a $100 gift card and enjoy some Southern hospitality and down –home cooking right in the heart of Times Square!
- The American Museum of National History: Receive a Family Prize Pack from the American Museum of Natural History, including 4 (four) all-access tickets to the Museum’s 45 permanent halls, Hayden Planetarium Space Show, IMAX movie and newest exhibition, Whales: Giants of the Deep. Winners will also receive a copy of Windows on Nature, the behind-the-scenes book detailing how the Museum’s world-famous dioramas came to be, fusing art and science to capture life in the wild, and Dinosaurs in the Attic, a chronicle of the Museum’s early expeditions, discoveries, and scientific minds.
- Wildlife Conservation Society Premium Membership: One runner up will receive a free Premium Membership that offers free admission for a year to Bronx Zoo, Central Park Zoo, New York Aquarium, Prospect Park Zoo and Queens Zoo.
- Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar: A family of four will receive a FREE dinner, once a month for one year! Enjoy extraordinary food and drink in a friendly atmosphere!
- Carvel: Get a $50 Carvel gift card and cool off at your local Carvel Ice Cream Shoppe with the dessert of your choosing! Don’t forget to bring home a treat for everyone when you receive a FREE Dinosaur Egg Cake.
- Happy Family: Enjoy a Happy Family prize pack consisting of a branded tote bag and bay t-shirt, cookbooks with easy and delicious recipes, and a selection of Happy Family Organic treats, such as, puffs, pouches, meal bowls, and more! This prize pack is over $125 in value.
- OshKosh B’gosh: Receive a $100 gift card from one of the most trusted kids clothing brands, OshKosh B’gosh! Sizes 0-12. Made for fun. Built to last.
- Simon & Schuster: Get lost in the prehistoric world of Dinosaurs with this special Dinosaur Book Prize Pack from Simon & Schuster!
Featured Entertainment in July
Saturday & Sunday July 20th & 21st Passport to Adventure
Don’t miss this magical musical based on the classic children’s series, Magic Tree House. Tag along as characters Jack & Annie share stories about their time travelling adventures from all around the globe, including their prehistoric trips back to the land of the dinosaurs! On July 20th, don’t miss an exclusive appearance and book signing from Magic Tree House series author Mary Pope Osborne! Celebrating its 21st year of fame, this timeless series has touched the hearts of millions worldwide.
July 21th – July 27th National Zookeeper Week
To help increase public awareness about the need to preserve our precious habitats and the animals which inhabit them and to recognize the roles that zookeepers play in animal conservation and education, Bronx Zoo, along with other zoos and aquariums around the nation will be celebrating this week with special Zookeeper chats and enrichment activities. Check Bronx Zoo.com for specific scheduled activities.
Wednesday – Sundays in July – Adaptations! A Dinosaur Musical
With the help of a friendly tortoise, future paleontologists take a trip back in time to discover the adaptations that allowed dinosaurs to survive for millions of years. With music, audience interaction, and fabulous puppets, this is a dino-mite show your family will not want to miss. At Asia Theater 12:30pm, 1:15pm, 2:00pm, 2:45pm and 3:30pm
*For details, times and information, check out bronxzoo.com/dino. For special discounts, check out bronxzoo.com/t-rex.
Read About Our Visit!
With over 260 acres, you can always discover something new at the Bronx Zoo, even if you’ve been there a hundred times! My husband and I were both born and raised in the Bronx so the Bronx Zoo is no stranger to us. In fact, back in 1999, my husband was the lead carpenter at Central Park Zoo for four years.
My family and I visited the Bronx Zoo this past Saturday and we had a blast! The day started out raining but soon after the zoo opened, the sky started to clear up. It ended up being the prefect day to stroll around the zoo with temperatures reaching around 83 degrees; which isn’t so bad considering the heat wave the East Coast has been hit with.
The Bronx Zoo is a humongous place and most people who visit the zoo have an agenda so that they can see the exhibits they came to see but as a member, I was happy we didn’t have to follow a set agenda – we just went with the flow. We decided whatever path we took, we would just enjoy what was there. And you what? It was a stress-free day at the zoo.
With our Family Premium membership, we’re able to see all of the attractions, exhibits and animals as many times as we please which is a huge bonus for us because my children love to go back a second and even a third time to see their favorites.
The special attractions includes the Congo Gorilla Forest, Wild Asia Monorail, Children’s Zoo, Butterfly Garden, JungleWorld, 4-D Theater, Hess Express Zoo Shuttle, Bug Carousel; plus discount tickets to the Bronx Zoo Dinosaur Safari ($4 each vs $6 for non-Members) and Central Park’s 4-D Theater ($4 each vs $7 for non-Members). Camel rides are not included.
Bronx Zoo Sign Photo Credit: qreateandtrack.com
Disclosure: As a Bronx Zoo Blog Ambassador, I received a Family Premium membership in exchange for my participation. No monetary compensation was received. All opinions expressed here are always my own.