Several months ago, I went to an event that was sponsored by Target showcasing various products by Giada De Laurentiis in addition to Archer Farms items, sold exclusively by Target.
At the event, I found numerous products that I would buy for my family and for any get-together in my home. I tried out some really good foods such as Bacon Cheeseburger Pizzas, Apple Streusel Pancakes and Linguine with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Olives & Lemon but the one food that stood out to me were the SouthWestern Pulled Pork & Roasted Potato Medallions.
Oh Em Gee!
If you’re a meat and potato lover, you will go crazy over these! They’re delicious and so easy to make. Your guests would gobble them up so fast, you’d have to make more before you even know it!
SouthWestern Pulled Pork & Roasted Potato Medallions
Here’s what you need:
- 2 lb Pork Loin Roast
- 1 Jar Archer Farms Southwest-Style Slow Cooker & Simmer Sauce
- 6 Large Russet Idaho Potatoes, scrubbed.
- Archer Farms Chile Infused Olive Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Ground Cumin, salt and pepper
Pulled Pork Instructions:
1) Place pork roast in a 4-6-quart slow cooker. Pour entire jar of sauce over roast. Cover; cook on HIGH heat for 4 to 6 hours or LOW heat for 10 to 12 hours until roast is very tender.
2) Remove roast from slow cooker; shred meat. Place back in slow cooker with sauce.
Roasted Potato Medallions Instructions:
1) Heat oven to 425°F.
2) Slice potatoes into 1/2 inch medallions on a slight bias. Place on baking pan with sides. Drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
3) Bake 30 minutes until light golden brown.
- For appetizers, top potato medallions with a spoonful of pulled pork; drizzle with extra sauce.
- For a meal, serve on buns or tortillas.
*Makes about 36 appetizers.
As you can see, this recipe is extremely easy and your crowd will love you for this easy, peasy dish. Happy cooking!
* A huge thanks goes to Target for providing me with delicious recipes so I can replicate them in the comfort of my own home.